Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday Evening

God my God,
I don't know life without you. Each moment of my life has been kissed by your grace, loved by your love, guided by your hand. I am embarrassed for some of the moments where I have turned my back on you, but even then, in the darkest of nights, you were there. I have dragged your name into places I should never have gone, but you came along, for where there is sin, there is grace. I am not sure I will ever understand how big your grace is, but it is bigger than my selfishness and pride. It envelops me in a sweet cocoon, and because of your love, because of your baptism, I am reborn. Each day I emerge from my slumbers ready to serve, ready to love, ready to wallow in your love. As I look back on my day, may I not see only the bumps and bruises, but may I celebrate the simple moments where you swept me into your arms and showed me how deep, how wide, how endless is your love. As I slumber tonight, may my sojourn in the land of dreams be enough to guide me tomorrow, to strengthen me for the next leg of the journey, so that I may love you more.
Amen

No comments: