Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday

Holy, Gracious, Awesome God,
You are the light that shines forever. Anything that lasts in this world lasts only because your power sustains it. Every good thing points to you, O Lord, for you are goodness and love and grace and mercy and peace. We worship you, O Lord.
At least we should. I find so many days, Lord, that when I lie down, exhausted, to sleep, I have not spent my day in worship. Instead I have been wallowing in the madness of chaos, not hearing your voice that speaks over the waters, missing the sound of the crackling of the fire of the Spirit within me. I have not given my will, my way, over to your Holy Word, and have led myself into muck and mire, and now call on your help.
Deliver me, O God, from messes of my own making, and give me the wisdom and strength to rely upon you so that I may not find myself there again today.
I love you.
Amen.

No comments: