Thursday, February 17, 2011

143

143 times every minute, my world changes a little. 

143 times every minute, a baby's heart beats, and I continue to be in awe of what God is doing.  I can't possibly imagine how small this heart is, but I have heard it beating, and it is a beautiful sound, a constant rhythm of life.

143 times every minute, my capacity to love a person I haven't met increases a little. 

143 times every minute, I fear that I will be unworthy to raise this child, that I will fail in steering this child toward a life of integrity and compassion, of awe and wonder, of worship and adoration of Christ the King.

143 times every minute, I am so grateful to God for this gift of a child.  I pray for it, for my own strength, for Rachel, and for the world, that it may grow and thrive in a world that knows peace and civility.

143...amazing

No comments: