Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2/8/2011

Good morning, God.

Here I am.  Sometimes I'm not sure what else to say, Lord.  I am grateful for the love you have poured into my life.  I'm grateful for the blessings that surround me, and the gifts you have given me.  I know and trust that the Holy Spirit is supposed to be my guide, to help me find the best ways to serve you in the world, but I sometimes struggle to see the light, and then I will admit I hesitate to follow.  I trust you, Lord, but I give in to the temptations of the world.  So I pray that this day might be lived with you, for you.

And Lord, I pray for the Bryants.  I pray for Bill as he struggles, as he wrestles, as he dwells in one of the thin places of life.  I pray for your peace for him.  Be with Sybil, too, as her heart breaks once more.  I don't understand how you are at work, Lord, but I trust that you are.  May they know your abiding and loving presence.

Be our Light for the darkness, Lord, and give us the courage and the boldness, the imagination and the love, to be your witnesses in the world.

Amen

No comments: