Monday, March 12, 2012

3/12/2012

Father in Heaven,

  Thank you for this day.  You did not have to give it, but out of grace you have poured out another day, another time filled with your grace and your peace.  I do not know what it holds, but I trust that you will abide with me throughout it, and that in your strength I will rise to meet it.

  Thank you for chances to rest over the weekend.  In Genesis, when you were creating, you took time to rest, and I rejoice that I, too, have the opportunity to do so.  In my rest, I took in the beauty you have made in this world, and I give thanks for all of it.  I pray that I might set aside some time each day to rest, and in so doing may I recognize that this world does not depend on me, but rather on you.  May I let go of some of my self-importance and focus on your work in the world.

  I thank you for the hope I have in Christ.  How easy it would be to despair in this world!  I thank you that you have claimed me in the waters of baptism, and that nothing shall separate me from you, not even the powers of sin and death.  Thank you.

Amen

No comments: