Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3/27/2012

Dear God,
  I give you thanks for another morning, one in which you reach out to us in love and forgiveness.  I wake this morning knowing that I have a Savior who died on the cross for me, knowing that I am washed clean in the blood of the lamb, knowing that without you intervening I would be destined for destruction.  Without you, I have no hope for my future--without you, my sins overwhelm, and I drown in an ocean of despair.  But with you, I am renewed, reborn, washed clean, and my hope is set on high, for the light has burst forth from the empty tomb, and new life springs up from the soil that surrounds the cross, watered by the blood of the one who came to save, who came to give life.  May gratitude wash over this soul, and may it guide my every breath, my every thought, that this day might be an offering to you.
Amen

No comments: