Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/22/2012

Gracious God,

  I am not worthy of your love.

  But it's not about me.

  This is about you--and it's about the way you reach out to us.  If I focus on myself and my unworthiness, I miss out on an amazing story--a story you have penned from the beginning of time.  You write in the heavens and the earth the tale of your love, the truth of your generosity and grace, the way you pour yourself out for the sake of your creation.  You do not withhold your love because of our sin, but rather find new ways to reach out and unveil your love for us.  You long for us to live in communion with you, and when we do not, you love us still.  You do not destroy creation because of our sin, but rather you send your Son so that we may have life through him.

  Time and time again, you give grace and hope where we would expect darkness and despair.  You are an awesome and generous God, and I pray that I might focus on you, rather than myself.

Amen

No comments: