Friday, March 9, 2012

3/9/2012

Holy God,
  You are at work in the world.  You have promised to send your Holy Spirit to dwell with us, to be our guide and our comforter, our inspiration and our advocate.  You speak of creation groaning with labor pains, as we await your coming in glory and power to restore creation.  We look forward to the day when all of creation is restored.  You are working in us, in the world, bringing us all closer to the restoration.

  May we join in.  May I join in.  May this feeble and sinful heart be committed to the cause of your love.  May I live out my faith.

  May I also recognize that it doesn't depend on me.  Help me to rest in your name, to be secure in the fact that you sustain creation, that you sustain the church, that you give life, and that while my efforts are worthwhile, the world does not depend on them.  May I rest in you.

Amen

No comments: