Thursday, March 8, 2012

3/8/2012

God of power and might,

  As I read the story of you choosing your people, of you freeing your people from slavery, I am amazed at your patience.  The people turned from you time and time again, and yet still you remained faithful.  You reached out in love when you could have struck them down in anger.  At times, you did punish the people, but your love always won out in the end.  I am amazed at the love you have shown, at your willingness to forgive, at the way you move toward your creation.

  Lord, may I notice the way that you reach out to me, too.  May I see the ways you offer forgiveness and new life to me.  May I recognize where you have freed me from the bondage of sin, and may I be willing to set aside my old habits, that this life may be about you.  Forgive me, Lord, where I have fallen short, and renew me once more, that I might pursue you with the same passion and energy with which you pursue me.

  I love you, Lord.

  Amen

No comments: