Monday, March 5, 2012

3/5/2012

Holy God,

  Thank you for this morning.  The sun has not yet burst forth onto the scene in its brilliance, but the light creeping across the sky gives evidence to its presence, and another day has drawn near.  Thank you for this gift, Lord.  Each time the earth turns, it does so because you graciously sustain it, and all that is within it, and from the bottom of my heart and the depths of my soul I give you thanks.  You did not have to allow it, and yet you did, out of grace that knows no end.

  Now that the day is here, Lord, I pray that your Holy Spirit might come so near as to be tangible, that I might live a life filled with enough quiet and peace to discern the direction I am to work, the way in which I am to invest my energy, so that I might fill this day with things that glorify you.  You know that I am a sinful man, wandering off this way and that in order to be entertained, and I pray that you might forgive me for my sins.  I pray also, Lord, that I might find the courage and strength to focus on you and you alone, and in so doing, I hope that I might join in with what you are doing in this world.

  Send me forth, Lord, that I might proclaim your name, and your name alone.

  Amen

No comments: