Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Prayer for Thursday, May 7

Good morning, Lord,
  A new day is dawning.  There have existed countless days before this one, and it seems as though countless more still await their chance.
  And yet this day matters.  It matters how I spend it, how I choose to use my time and my energy and my gifts and the life within me.
  Guide me, Lord, so that I may be a good steward of this precious gift.  Help me see today as a treasure, and may I be faithful in big and small things today.  May I be loving and patient, kind and generous, that others may be enriched by my presence.  May I recognize the servant hearts of Christ and be overwhelmed by gratitude to the point that I am willing to serve others.  Guide me, O God, in your footsteps, that I may serve well today.

Amen

No comments: