Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, May 6

Holy God,
  Your light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
  There is plenty of darkness.  I see it around me, and I see it within.  The sin that has covered us since Adam continues to erode the soil of the soul, and it pains me when I see what we are capable of doing to each other.  The darkness is strong.
  And yet, within that darkness, in the midst of night, the light shines. It has shined for years, through the lives of the saints of the church, through Moses and David and Peter and Mary and Ruth.  They oriented their lives so that the glory might point to you, so that their efforts might beat back the dark, so that others may focus more on the light than the dark.
  I pray, Lord, that my own life might be a contribution to the struggle between light and dark, that your light that shines so clearly in Christ Jesus might shine in me, that his love might echo from horizon to horizon, that the power of his name might be clear.  May I let my life contribute to his glory, and may I one day dwell with you in unapproachable light.

Amen

No comments: