Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, May 20

Loving God,
  Your grace flows down.  It sources from your throne like a river, like light from the sun, rushing forth with passion and energy.  You send it out into the world to all, so that each and every one of us may know that we are infinitely loved by you.  Each of us can be in awe of your redeeming love, recognizing that you pursue us with passion and a desire to unite with us.  Your love never fails, never finds obstacles too great to overcome.
  Forgive us, Lord, when we selfishlessly allow our lives to become dead ends for that love.  You intend for your love to flow into us and through us, so that it animates us into action, allowing others to see your love through our words and actions.  Your love should not isolate, but should unite.  You love all, and we are called to love all with that same love.
  Today, Lord, open my eyes to see the ways I selfishlessly hoard your love, ignoring the call to go out and love others, even those who make it difficult to love them.  May I follow the words of my Savior and love my enemies because you loved me when my sin made me an enemy.  You forgave and redeemed me, and may I be so caught up in adoration that I cannot help but share my love and wonder with others.  Teach me to share your love, my Savior.

Amen

No comments: