Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, May 13

God,
  You know the rhythms of my heart and the thoughts in my head.  You know me completely, having knit me together in my mother's womb.  You know what I will say before the words exit my mouth, and you know my intentions fully.
  And you still love me.
  Such love is too wonderful to contemplate.  I want to hem it in, to keep it safe and sound so that I don't damage it, and yet you call me to love as you do:  recklessly, with abandon, wildly, giving love freely in the hopes that it may be returned.  You pour out your love on us, the unworthy, and we so often trample on it carelessly, yet still you love.
  May the purity of your love guide and inspire me, that I may treasure your Word and seek your Spirit, in the hopes of serving you faithfully and spreading the Good News of the Gospel!

Amen

No comments: