Tuesday, August 27, 2019

John 9:18-23

John 9:18-23 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Each of our stories is long and complex, and uniquely ours.  If I was to tell every detail of it, there are doubtless some people in the world who would not believe portions of it -- they'd express skepticism.  It's not my job to convince them -- my relationship with Christ is something deep and eternal and shared only between us.  There are parts of it I share willingly, and parts of it that I share with timidity, only in the hopes that it might help others see how God wants to be involved in their lives.  There are many parts of it that I don't even understand.
  So it is with your story -- God has handcrafted you in your mother's womb, and God loves you uniquely.  The relationship you have with God will stretch into eternity, and it will deepen with time.  Though others will not see every facet of it, I do think we all have a responsibility to share parts of our walks at the appropriate times so that others may come to know Christ as Savior.  The man who was born blind and healed here in John 9 didn't fully grasp what had happened to him, but he shared what he knew.  As we share, may others be intrigued enough to go to the source and inquire of God, that they may come to know and believe that Christ alone is Lord of all.

No comments: