Friday, August 23, 2019

John 9:8-12

John 9:8-12 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Rachel and I were driving somewhere not too long ago on the freeway in normal traffic.  We were moving along at 55 mph, always observing the posted speed limit, when some car raced up out of nowhere, swerved in front of us from the left lane, passed the car in front of us on the right shoulder, then crossed traffic and tore off in the left lane.  I thought to myself, "Where is a police officer when you need one?"
  I'm sure this formerly-blind man is thinking, "Where is Jesus when you need him?"  He's been miraculously healed by the Son of God, and no one seems to believe him.  He continues to say that he is the one who was healed, but everyone else is just assuming that he's confused or doesn't know what he's talking about - they insist that he must be someone else.
  You can't control what other people think and do and feel.  I wish I could, believe me, and I've spent I don't even know how many hours worrying about it... but you can only focus on you.  Jesus has done a miraculous work in your life, redeeming you from sin and bringing you into light and life.  If other people doubt or criticize or continue to focus on your past, you can't change that -- but you can continue to grow in faith and treat others with love.  Don't let their inflexibility stunt your growth in faith.  Keep your eyes on Christ, and let God move you forward in faith!

No comments: