Thursday, August 6, 2020

Philippians 4:14-20

Philippians 4:14-20 

  Sometimes, everything seems pretty small.  Ever look up at the night sky and wonder about significance?  I know that Scripture tells me about my eternal importance to the Father, but I can't help but wonder at times, when everything feels large and I feel very small.
  And then I read about the gifts of the Philippians, who sent help for Paul in the midst of his troubles.  It probably didn't feel very big, did it?  A small gift, sent to one man who was in trouble.  What difference could it really make?
  Well, two thousand years later, I'm here reading about the gifts of the Philippians.  They were willing to share what they had in a stressful time, and the memory of the gift echoes through the centuries, reminding us that what we do does matter -- acts of love are an echo of God's great gifts of love, and they resound in the human heart.  It matters that God loves us, and it matters that we reflect this love to others, sharing what God pours into us.  
  I don't know how the gifts that you share, big and small, will impact lives.  
  But they will.
  So we should give them.

No comments: