Thursday, October 5, 2023

Mark 8:22-26

Mark 8:22-26 

  Some authors are great because they write books where you can so closely identify with the main characters that it feels like it was written just for you.  That's the mark of a great story.
  This is one of those stories -- Jesus comes to the blind man to heal him, but the first time he lays hands on him, the blind man isn't completely cured.  He's better, but it's still a little hazy.  I look at this and I think -- that's what happened to me, to you, to all of us.  When Jesus comes into our lives, things get better.  The more of Jesus we have in the more of our lives, the better we are... but we're not perfect.  There is still sin in our lives.  I'm still selfish at heart.  I still make bad choices.  I've still got a long way to go, and until I pass through the veil of death and complete my baptism, I will always be this way.  There will come a time when Jesus completes the work that has begun in me.  Until then, I'll be imperfect, but blessedly so, having been claimed by Jesus, and I'll do what I can to turn over more and more of my life to him.

No comments: