Thursday, December 18, 2008

12/18

Gracious Lord,
Thank you. For the gift of today. For the Gospel quartet that sang last night. For the warmth of a hug. For the love of a kitten. Thank you.
You alone are God. I still try to find ways to make myself God. I replace You with empty idols, with worldly comforts and monetary rewards. Still You remain.
You alone are the light. I hide in the shadows, ashamed of my ways, uncertain of your love, unaware of your presence. Still you abide, you love, you illumine.
You are the path. I make my own maps, blaze my own trails, create my own empty diversions and convince myself that entertainment is more important than faithfulness. Still, like a rock along the shore, you remain strong and faithful to me, gentle, yet stern, loving, yet powerful.
You are the way. I expend so much time and energy trying to create my own ways, my own life, my own little world, forgetting all that you have given, and not realizing how great your promises for the future are. Still, you are true. You are good, gracious and loving.
May I not forget your goodness, your grace, your love and faithfulness. Grant me the wisdom, courage and guidance of your Spirit so that, day by day, I might grow a little closer to you.
Amen.

No comments: