Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF

Gracious and Ever-present God,
You offer us the sun so that we might bask in its light, just as you offer your Son so that we might see and understand the Light. Thank you for the gift of today, this opportunity to learn more about you, to grow closer to you, to worship and adore you. Thank you for blessing me with another chance to proclaim your name, the name above all names. Thank you for this time, these prayers, this love that knows no ends. You have promised to hear my voice when I cry to you, and I take advantage of that, because what a gift it is to be able to talk to the Almighty God of the universe.
You are the one who has set my feet in motion, giving me the urge to live for you. Help me find the strength to do the things I am afraid to do. Help me find the wisdom to ask you when I do not know what to do. Help me find the humility to accept the leadership of others when I overwhelmed and exhausted.
You are the ruler of the sun and the sky, and I bow before your Almighty throne, praying glory to God in the highest, and peace here on earth.
Amen.

No comments: