Friday, March 16, 2012

3/16/2012

Holy Lord,

  I am surrounded by stuff.  I can't help but wonder what kind of life you would lead if you were alive today, and what you would say to me, surrounded by stuff, owning all of these things that often consume my time and attention.  I have a pretty good hunch as to what you would say, but I freely admit that I cling to them, and I am afraid of losing many of them, as ridiculous as that sounds.  My heart seems unwilling to serve you fully, and I am sorry.  I am sorry for the materialistic side of me that strives for more, that doesn't listen to your voice.  I pray, Lord God, that you Spirit might wash over me and help me see the world properly, and help me see how to live.  I'm not certain how all of your commands translate to the 21st century--I read them once, twice and again, but I wonder how to be faithful in the American life.  What does it mean for me to be a good steward?  How might I serve you by serving others?

  I don't have the answers to so many of these questions, Lord, but I trust that you do, and that you will illumine my heart over time, that I might walk more faithfully along the path you have set for me, in the hopes that I might glorify you with all of my life.

  I love you, Lord.

Amen

No comments: