Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3/28/2012

Holy God,
  I give you thanks for the day you have made.  I give you thanks for the love that you pour out upon your creation--it's a free gift, one we haven't earned, one we don't deserve.  You didn't have to make this day, but you do so and give it away, in the hopes that we might see its beauty and celebrate your name.
  You call your people to live a life that is rooted in gratitude, and you long to bless all the people of the world through your faithful ones.  I pray that this life might be a window to the cross, that the light of your love might shine through me today.  You are my God and my Savior, and I hope that I might be able to live in such a way today that others might see your love working in and through me.  Perhaps they may come to know you through my words or my deeds.  May my heart beat only for you, Lord, and may I give thanks for the way you reach out to me in love.

Amen

No comments: