Monday, March 26, 2012

3/26/2012

Lord,
  This world is moving quickly.  We race through life, and while we often decry how fast it is going, we often end up speeding it up by our decisions.  We look for faster ways to get places, faster internet and faster methods.  Speed is addictive.

  While we're moving so quickly, I pray for the courage and wisdom to slow down, to play in your wondrous creation, to rest in your marvelous grace, and to acknowledge that you lead me in paths that are healthy and faithful.  Because I choose not to follow them, I suffer the afflictions of being disconnected and frantic.  You call me to another way of life, one not pursuing a restless busy-ness for the sake of my own confusion between busy-ness and importance.  You call me to a life filled with Sabbath rest, with trust in you, with listening to your voice.

  Thank you, Lord, for the grace to not give up on me, for hope and light for the dark valleys of life, and for the Word to which I cling.

Amen

No comments: