Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/6/2012

Awesome and everlasting God,

  You reign in heaven.  You are the all-powerful God, the one whose voice shakes the boundaries of creation, the one who watches over the stars that you have made.  The comets that race across the sky are your handiwork, and your signature is written across the milky way.

  And yet you entered into our humanity in Jesus Christ.  You took on human flesh so that we might more fully understand your love for us.  You ascended a cross to die for our sins, and rose from the dead so that we might have life.  Your generosity knows no limits.

  You invite us into an abundant life.  You do so out of free generosity, out of grace, and I give you thanks.  I pray that this life may be a life of joy and gratitude, that I might be willing to pour out myself to you, that your love and wonder might fill me and so transform me that every moment of my life is lived for you.

  Thank you.

Amen

No comments: