Monday, April 13, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, 4/13/15

Beloved God,
  You hem me in so completely.  You are intimately acquianted with all my ways.  You know the depths of my heart more fully than I shall ever understand.  You are aware of the things of which I am most deeply ashamed.
  Yet, Lord, you love me.  Knowing my every fault, you reach out in redemptive love to redeem me, to claim me back from the clutches of sin and death, and you do so at great cost.  You sacrifice your very self so that I might be yours.
  As I lie awake and listen to my son cough, my heart quivering in pain on account of his suffering, I get a small glimpse into the heart of the Father, who loves with such reckless abandon that the death of his son was not too great a price to pay so that sin would no longer be the destiny of those who believe.  I long to run to him, to comfort him, to do whatever I can to make him whole, and I feel deep pain at the very thought of his suffering.  What love you have for us, Lord.
  My Lord & God, give me the courage, wisdom, devotion and strength to honor the love you share.  May I be wise and seek your Kingdom rather than my own, and may my heart, my words, my thoughts and my deeds be offered as praise to you.

Amen

No comments: