Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, 4/8/15

O Lord, my God,
  Today I pray for the simple courage
    To live as though I am not the center of the universe
    To speak as though I do not have all the answers
    To listen as though my heart is not full of self-concern.

My blessed Savior,
  I pray for my eyes to have sight
    So that I might see the needs of the world
    So that I might see the hurt and ache of my brothers and sisters
    So that I might not see myself in the center.

Holy Spirit,
  Move within my heart
  Make room for your voice, for your love, for your grace,
    That I might discover once more the feeling of awe
      In the hopes that this life might honor you
    So that my hands might serve you
      And that my life might be used to celebrate your love and your power
        In all that I do.

Amen.

No comments: