Monday, April 27, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, 4/27

The Lord is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want

Gracious, Holy, Ever-present God,

  Remind me that in you, I shall want for nothing

  Awaken my heart to the reality of your abundant provisioning

  Restore my confidence in you, and help my eyes see that I reach for so many things, believing they will comfort, that they will soothe my anxious mind, when in fact only you can provide for all my wants

  Give me peace in knowing that I am fully restored and redeemed through the love of Jesus Christ, a love that knows no bounds

  Help me see this life as an opportunity to use my gifts to join with you in building an eternal kingdom, rather than a frantic time to try and build my own little kingdom that will not stand up against the waves of time

  Grant me your peace, your wisdom and love, that I may use my time well and rest in you, my God and my Shepherd, in whom I shall want for nothing

Amen

No comments: