Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, 4/21/2015

All-mighty God,

  I get caught up.

  I get caught up in the world around me, in the pursuit of my own dreams, trying to make myself relevant and successful and important.  I get caught up in desiring what the world tells me I should desire, and I get caught up in the marketing of things.  I wind up pursuing the wrong things, and my heart fills itself with material desires and a hunger for my own legacy.

  Lord, when I get distracted and caught up, give me the wisdom and space to create a moment to catch my breath and remember what is true and right and lasting--that your kingdom is the eternal kingdom, and that my life should be oriented around your goals, not my own.  Teach me to empty myself, so that your Holy Spirit may so fill me that the depths of my being praise you.  May I get caught up in praise and worship, joining with the heavenly choir and singing your praises as I live.

Amen

No comments: