Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, 4/22

Lord,
  A star that shines in the distance can feel so small in the night sky.  It can seem dwarfed by the darkness, and I sometimes wonder what difference it makes at all.
  That star, however, only feels small due to the distance between us.  Up close, it is a blazing, massive presence in whatever galaxy it resides.  While it seems safe from the surface of Earth, I could not approach it and expect to live.
  Lord, remind me of your power.  You are purely righteous and dwell in unapproachable light.  Mortals cannot see you and live.  Remind me to worship you with a spirit of awe, to dwell upon the thought of your throne and be amazed at your majesty.  I should not approach you casually, but rather be caught up in awe and wonder at who you are, maker of the worlds.  May I not let the thought of you remain distant and cold, but rather trust that you are blazing and near, purifying the world of sin and brokenness so that your kingdom may reign.
  Teach me, Lord, to be amazed, so that I might be transformed by gratitude and wonder, that I may join in building your kingdom.

Amen

No comments: