Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Prayer for Thursday, April 16, 2015

Good morning Lord.
  Thank you.
  You have poured out blessings upon me, even though I'm often too busy to say thank you.  Even when I fail to acknowledge you, you shower goodness into my life.  I am blessed with this very life, with food in my stomach, a roof over my head and loved ones around me.  Such goodness is undeserved, but you are the master of undeserved kindness, of affection that has not been earned.  You are the Father, pouring out love upon his children, and for that my heart says thank you.
 
  As I go about this day, may your Spirit remind me to be grateful.  May the wonders and beauty of this world upon which my eyes feast be reminders to me of your eternal goodness, and when I see pain and suffering and brokenness, may I remember that the light of your love is intended to shine through me.  May my hands help mend the broken, and may I join in your eternal project of loving the world, no matter what.

Amen

No comments: