Monday, June 22, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, June 22

Holy God,
  You have led me out of a place of sin and darkness, where despair threatened to ensnare my soul, where hope was merely a concept floating far away.  You led me, by the power of grace and love, out of darkness into light, where sin is destroyed and death is a shadow through which I must pass into life in you.  You are good, Lord, for you did this before I could even think to ask, before I could even recognize how deeply flawed I am.  You showered me with love and grace, offering me life and redemption and hope in you.
  Lord, you have done so much, and done it so freely.  I thank you, Lord, for your kindness and grace, and I pray that you teach me how to live gratefully, so that I don't become so absorbed in myself and my small world that I forget the greater purpose of all that I am.  You have restored my soul and led me into still waters -- may I seek that peace for myself and others, practicing grace and living into gratitude, living into the new creation that I am in Christ.  May my response to you consume my life, that I do not seize to worship and praise, and in so doing may I live a joyous & worshipful life, dedicated to you, my Savior, Redeemer and Friend.

Amen

No comments: