Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Prayer for Saturday, June 13

Savior,
  You have done everything for me.  You have created me, and I am uniquely and wonderfully  made.  You have knit me together, carefully bringing together billions and trillions of cells to make me into the incredible creation that the human body is.  You have cared for me, watching over me through all these years, steering me through some of the poor choices I have made, preserving me each and every moment, granting me the sweet gift of life.
  You have redeemed me, Lord, at great cost to you.  Long before I was born, you knew that I would be in need of redemption, and so you reached down in love and offered yourself on the cross so that I might have hope, so that the folly of my choices might not lead me to despair.  You didn't have to, Lord, but you did anyway, so great is your love.
  Now, Lord, I want to live for you, to give back out of gratitude, to offer myself back to you and in service to your Kingdom.
  But I'm not sure how.
  I know that I want to live for you, to learn to reach for your glory and pursue a relationship with you, but I'm so turned around and confused that I simply do not know how to live for you, how to keep you in the front of my mind throughout the day.  I endeavor to seek you first, and sometimes I'll do okay for a little while... but inevitably I get lost in something else, forgetting your presence and your love, and I wind up not circling back around to you until I lay down in the evening, reprimanding myself for not choosing to love you more.
  Teach me, lead me, Lord, that I may choose wisely, opting for what is good, what is pure, what is of you.

Amen.

No comments: