Monday, June 29, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, June 28

Lord,
  A new weeks dawns.  I rise to meet it, filled with hopes and fears, joys and concerns, wondering what exactly this week will hold.  I can't peek beyond the present, to see what might be in store, so I have to take this present moment, this gift, and give thanks, trusting that the next will be filled with your presence.
  I trust you, Lord.  I don't always live that out, and sometimes I'm not sure if I really do or I just say I do, but I trust in your goodness and your love, that you will be there through thick and thin, and that you will guide me forward.
  May I love you more today than I did yesterday, and may I reach for your guiding hand, listening for your voice in the wilderness, as I navigate the coming moments of life, treasuring your presence and the wondrous gift of now.

Amen

No comments: