Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ephesians 3:1-6

Ephesians 3:1-6
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I'm not that interested in going to jail, and if I was thrown in jail for the wrong account, I doubt I would have the wisdom to look at it as an opportunity to share the Gospel.  I'd probably spend most of my time thinking about how to get out of jail.
  Paul, on the other hand, is so focused on Christ that his every situation is looked at through one perspective:  How might God use my current situation to proclaim his Gospel and lead others to Christ?
  Paul has trained his heart and mind to look upon life through this lens, and as a result he is a passionate advocate for the Gospel, and the situations he finds himself in are not overwhelming, but rather everything is an opportunity to proclaim the love and wisdom of God.  There is no need for despair, for each and every moment is another opportunity for God to use him for the Kingdom.
  May we find the wisdom to look at life in the same way!

No comments: