Friday, January 10, 2020

2 Corinthians 1:15-22

2 Corinthians 1:15-22 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I start my new job on Monday.  In the process of any job search, I have heard a lot of 'no's.  When I was in business school, I was up late almost every night writing cover letters for job applications to companies I usually never heard back from.  To finally hear a company say 'Yes' is refreshing news that brings joy.  (For those interested, I'll be working with Stonehenge Capital on their community development team).
  When we look to Christ, we see the 'Yes' to God's promises that have echoed throughout the ages.  All the hopes that we've based on the portrayals of the Kingdom of God are found to be solid because they are in Christ.  The longing of every human heart finds joy and refreshment in Christ. 
  In response, what does your 'Amen to God for his glory' sound like today? 
  And how are you listening to the Spirit of God in your hearts as God's guarantee that you are established in Christ?

No comments: