Thursday, January 16, 2020

Psalm 119:17-24

Psalm 119:17-24 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  They say you can tell how tough someone really is by what happens when they walk through a spiderweb.
  In the same way, how do you react when enemies plot against you?  If I was perfectly faithful, I wouldn't be bothered by it, because I'd be so confident in God's provision that I would know that my enemies could not damage even a hair on my head.  In reality, I often am afraid and insecure, uncertain of how the opposition of others might mean for me and for my place in the world -- because I get hung up on my place in the world, my social standing and my position and my reputation.  These things matter to me, and for some good reasons, and some vain ones.
  May our eyes be opened, that we may behold wondrous things -- and some of those wondrous things will be a reminder that the riches of this world pale in comparison.  In growing our confidence and hope in the Lord, we lose our scorn and contempt for others, because we are so focused on God and the hope of heaven that all we have left is love.

No comments: