Friday, January 24, 2020

Psalm 119:65-72

Psalm 119:65-72 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I don't know that I'll ever be in a place where I can say that it was good that I was afflicted, but I can certainly see how I have grown through some afflictions, both ones that happened to me and others that were a result of my poor decisions.  Is my understanding of God worth thousands of gold and silver pieces?  Well, all that gold and silver doesn't do me a thing when I'm dead, while the peace of God that passes all understanding will cling to me through the veil of death and into eternity, so if there is an opportunity to enrich my understanding now of how God is at work and transcending death, then that's worth whatever money there is.
  That's a message we all need to hear, those of us with some means, those without shoes on their feet, and those collecting billions like those will give them security.  Ultimately, we are charged to be stewards of what we have, and not a single dollar will pass with us beyond the grave, and so every single one of us needs to be guard against the temptation to hoard.  Good judgment and knowledge, both of God and our fellow brothers and sisters, helps us see the opportunities to share and to bless.  In giving, our heart moves to delight.

No comments: