Monday, January 27, 2020

Psalm 119:73-80

Psalm 119:73-80
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Throughout the entirety of the Psalm, there's an undercurrent of trust -- if the Psalmist but trusts in the Lord, all will be well.  The Psalmist trusts the intent of the Lord, trusts the future in the Lord's hands, trusts that enemies will not overwhelm due to the provision of the Lord. 
  So this week, I'm praying to trust God more, and to do more than just say it -- but put that trust into action.  I'm not sure exactly what that looks like, but I suspect that it entails less worrying and anxiety and more calm and peace, which sounds wonderful to me!  Probably less of a focus on money as well -- my tendency to try and secure my own future can interfere with trusting God with my future.
  God is good, and can care for me and my wife and my children and my family and friends and future far better than I can.  May God's mercy come to me and to you and to all!

No comments: