Monday, June 17, 2024

Psalm 27:1

Psalm 27 
  When I ask myself this question, the voice of the enemy is always quick to rattle off any number of possible options.  Whom to fear?  There are plenty of options in the world today, and given enough time and space to think, I can probably come up with a list of a few hundred things to fear, and that's without even trying very hard.  
  All it takes it focusing my eyes on the turmoil of the world and forgetting that God is my light and my salvation.  When I forget that, then I'm forced to figure out how I'm going to save myself in the midst of all this trouble.  
  However, when I remember that God is my light and my salvation, then I don't have to figure out a way through all of the troubles.  I can give thanks that God has already done that, and because of God's strength, I am indeed safe in the stronghold.  I can then go out into the world and share the love of God and the good news of Christ's victory without fear, because the Lord has saved me!  

No comments: