Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday morning

Great and Holy Lord,
I haven't known a day without you. I've tried, Lord, but when I rise in the morning I can only do so by your hand. I've lived in blissful ignorance of your guiding presence, and yet wherever I go, you are there. I've been content to selfishly focus on my own thoughts and feelings, and yet there you are, right in the middle of everything. You are the Creator and the Sustainer, the reason for the world and the support of the world. It is the same with me. Without you, I would not be. Take away your hand, and I would melt away. But you are with me, your love watches over me, your grace sustains me. Remind me of all that you are and of all I can be; I can only be fully alive when I am alive in you. Teach me calm and patience, and love that knows no end. Teach me your ways, so that I will celebrate you all of my days.
Amen.

No comments: