Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday

Awesome God--
Thank you for the wind. It is the author of amazing things. When it is cold, it cuts to the bone and sends me scampering inside. When it is warm, I rejoice in its presence. It wears away the mighty rocks and spreads the leaves across the ground. It is constantly changing this earth.
You, Lord, have set the winds in motion. When it chills me, it reminds me how small I am in this world and how precious I am in your sight. When it refreshes me, it is a reminder of the cool streams you lead me beside and how you long for me to thrive. When I see how it has eroded the rocks, I remember that all things will be redeemed in you. When I see the leaves fall and scatter, I know that you will collect them to yourself.
You, O Lord, are the wonder and the joy behind creation. You are the peace and wonder in my heart. You are love, and I love you.
Amen.

No comments: