Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Morning

God of sunrises and sunsets,
You are the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. We begin in you, and from the moment we take our first steps it seems as though we are trying to run from you. Except that we are your creations, and we run in your beautiful creation, and wherever we go, you are there. From the highest mountains to the depths of the ocean, your presence lingers, and you abide with us, ever faithful.
Our end is in you as well. When our days are through, we will return to you. You are there in the end just as the beginning, and you comfort and sustain us throughout our days.
You are everything, O Lord, and I shout your holy name on high so that the world might hear my gratitude. You are everything, and I love you for all you are in my life. You have set me here and surrounded me with blessings. May I recognize your presence and live fully aware of your love.
Amen.

No comments: