Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Morning

God of Promises and Covenants--
Fill me with desire. May my life not be an empty cup into which other people pour their dreams and desires. May it instead be a cup overflowing with desire for you, so filled with passion for the ministry of Jesus Christ that there is no room for any of the selfishness and greed that seem to run so rampant in my life. May your will be mine, so that I do not cling to my own treasures but rather drop everything and run to you, and in doing so serve my brothers and sisters in the world. May my heart be filled with love for the broken and desperate, the sinner and the outcast. May I be moved by You, Lord, rather than myself. And may I endure all things with the grace that should be evident in your disciples.
Amen.

No comments: