Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday

God of ages past,
Be my rock for today. I have read the stories about how you guided Moses, lead Joshua and comforted Gideon. You did not abandon Job, Peter or Paul, just as you shined your light upon Abraham, Hosea and Noah. Be my rock. Help me to stand in line with these giants of faith, and be humble enough to realize how small I am in the eyes of the world, and yet how important I am to you. When I peer down from upon this rock and my eyes widen at how far I would fall without you, may I not feel fear but confidence in your holy love and abiding peace. Be my rock, so that I feel strength beneath my feet, courage in my heart, and love and peace within every fiber of my being, so that everything I do is a reflection of your love and grace, so that when others see my life they see your guiding hand.
Amen.

No comments: