Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

Dear Lord,
Your grace amazes. I look back at my life, at all of human history, and I see our weakness shining forth in so many moments. I see violence and hatred, I see meanness and arrogance. Lord, you came and humbly walked among us, but ever since then, and even before then, we have chosen to serve ourselves. Even those who count themselves as Christians will place self before love. Forgive us, O Lord, and make us whole. Remind us of the importance of community, of wonder and awe at the gifts you have given. You came and walked among us with your disciples, teaching all the way. Continue to teach, and give us ears willing to listen, so that we might grow in our understanding, grow in our love, and be moved to pray for ourselves and one another to be filled not with pride but with a love for you.
Amen.

No comments: