Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday

Lord,
In the darkest hours of the night, be my light. I have spent hours, days, weeks, years trying to produce my own light. In the haunting hours of the morning, I have burned everything I hold dear in hopes that it will produce light, but those flames cannot lead me forward, only backwards and inwards. I have wept tears of sorrow as I have tried in vain to find my own path, only to stumble and fall and be unable to even find the path you have called me to walk. Be my light, Lord God of Hosts, so that I might not try and find my own way, but follow yours, led by your light and truth. You are everything, O God, and if I can keep my eyes trained upon you, I can perhaps humbly shuffle my feet along the path of righteousness, occasionally placing my feet in the right place. Be my light, and lead me on.
Amen

No comments: