Monday, July 6, 2015

A Prayer for Monday, July 6

Holy God,
  I give you thank for freedom.  You have set us free, and given me the choice to live as a I please.  You have warned me about the dangers of poor choices, and you have showed me what a faithful life looks like, giving me guidelines and encouraging me to choose wisely, that I may live the abundant life you call me towards.  But you give me the freedom to choose, even though a poor choice can lead to misery far from you.  You love me enough to want me to choose you, rather than to be forced to love you.
  Thank you, Lord, for this freedom, and may I see the folly in choosing to worship or devote myself to anything other than you.  May I channel my life so that my energy flows down the narrow road, choosing you day in and day out, that I may honor you and recognize my dependence upon you, acknowledging with my life that I cannot make it on my own, and the things in this life that seek to enslave me do not seek my good as you do.  You love me and want the best for me, and I pray that this life may serve and worship you and you alone.

Amen

No comments: