Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Prayer for Tuesday, July 21

Holy God,
  In you is light, and no darkness.
  In me, your light shines, but I often find myself turning to the darkness, for I am so accustomed to sin that I am blinded by your light, and I am afraid.
  I am afraid of who I am, of what I have done.
  I am afraid that you won't like me, for sometimes I have a hard time with myself.
  I'm afraid that I won't be able to see by your light, that it will hurt my eyes and keep me far from you.
  It seems as though the narrow way is foreign to my feet, and so I stay where I am, inertia keeping me in place, and though my heart often cries for you, my feet, stuck in clay, seem unwilling to rush to you.
  Forgive me, Lord, for the ways I have failed you, and guide me to the next step, however small and timid it may be, that I may live in the light of your love.

Amen

No comments: