Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Prayer for Wednesday, July 22

Dear God,
  Today, I pray that you help your light shine through me.  I spent a lot of time focusing on myself.  I worry about whether I'm doing the right thing, about whether I'm aligning myself with your will, about whether or not I am bringing glory to you.  I hope these things are true, but I think you want more for me, and more from you.
  I believe you call me to be part of a community, where I am thinking about the people around me, where I am trusting in you so completely that I don't think about myself, but am rather caught up in how the Spirit is moving in and through me.  Focus my eyes on you and on others, so that I might not be a dead end for your glory, but rather that I may be a part of your reaching out to tell your story to the world.

Amen

No comments: