Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Romans 1:26-32

Romans 1:26-32
The Message (MSG)

  It's hard to be an expert on sin.  I've had a lifetime of practice, and so I've gotten pretty good at some sins, and so what I do is choose to focus on the sins I don't commit as the really bad ones, and the ones to which I cling aren't nearly as bad.  It's a pretty good setup.  Hopefully God will agree with my categorizing of sin and recognize that I'm a pretty decent person and really not nearly as bad as some others, and I'll get a gold sticker or something like that.
  Sin hurts.  It twists its way deep into our bodies, into our lives, and it distorts the way we see God and the way we see each other.  It transforms our relationships, and it erodes the way we are supposed to live together.  It warps love into lust, and it makes us selfish, rather than selfless.  It separates us from God and one another.
  But the grace of God pursues us.  It chases us down, never giving up, never stopping calling us back.  God loves us, and God doesn't want to see us hurting ourselves or one another.  God loves you, and he will never stop.  The grace of God keeps us alive, and the grace of God calls us back into right relationships with God and one another.

No comments: